Dinner is Served At 6:00

 Wed ay? Sept 11, in today's conversation I personally did not have a mention or a reference to this date. Sad the further we get away from it, a younger generation that makes no note of its tragic significance. The further we move away from any tragedy, the more it becomes a tragedy to those whose lives are impacted. The longer you are in a situation the longer it impacts your core and the longer you hang on to it. The wound is still there it just becomes easier to deal with and usually the scars are not visible to most but to the one where the travesty occurred. #lifecoaching 

I have been up since 4AM. Oh, that Frances and her howl, screech, and high pitch. I need to pee, and I need to pee now. 2 weeks in and puppy training is coming along. She is already mostly potty trained. I'm working on her inside voice and finding a routine towards "wth are we gonna do this winter" The girls know their spot and with the cooler mornings, they have already eyed my blanket! Frances has her toys but also thinks Hank's are hers. Hank you need to watch for! Territorial! As she right now sits at my feet! Guards... The other 2 knuckleheads need an article just on them! LOL

For the 20th time this morning, letting them out, the health dept drove around the back circle. Stopping behind my fence only to eye me up and down or waiting to see if an elephant was gonna come barging out the door, he drove over the creek. There has been some very odd smell coming from there on top of the fact the bucks are thick this year! The granddaddy of them all! More than 12 points. He is a beaut! Nonetheless, the man in the county truck paid no more mind to me and my herd. Trust me I was ok with that! I am in my villain era! Go ahead f..k around and find out! {insert my Austin Power laugh}Baptize by fire! Anyone who knows...KNOWS!

A lovely spicy pot of chili is on the stove and the cornbread just came out of the oven! I couldn't resist! I am itching to bake! It needs to be 60* I am over the heat! I have a cherry cheesecake that has been begging to be made and some chocolate white chip cookies that will follow. The Gourmet Cupboard who I partnered with a few years back has asked me once again to represent them. Meal prep and homemade convenient recipes on a budget. I love baking! I enjoy cooking and I am good at both!

My gram always said, "Dinner is to be on the table at 6:00." It was the time all could come together and converse over the day. Grandpa walked in the door just about the time Gram sat it all out. My grandpa, not a drinker nor a carouser or womanizer, idolized my gram. He never had a reason to stop off anywhere, unless Gram needed something from the store. Which reluctantly he would do! They were married 39 years! Until he died from a massive heart attack at the age of 65. It devastated our family.

I reluctantly say, (only because I am too independent and I see traditional a bit different than most) " I am wife material." My home and my family have always come first. Anyone else that I could bring into the fold, glady I welcomed; of course until disrespected and not appreciated set stage. Some people do not understand the term, you do not bite the hand that feeds you! You can not imagine the cost of feeding people who do not understand table manners and what it is like to be a family! It is the roof overhead and the food on the table... and the clothes one can wear. Per; Gram/Dorothy/aka Dot.

Too many people have forgotten the value of home or the huge disrespect that comes from stopping off. No woman in her correct mind wants to cook a meal only to watch a drunk slobber all over it. If you had a bad day that is not her problem. If you continue to have bad days and or it has affected your visible foresight into what your role is as the man of the household... then as a life coach, I will tell you "odds are you are a late baby boomer or a gen-Xer that did not have the proper father figure in your life." What disrespect you saw to your mother you have mimicked! You were never properly taught how to deal with your aggressions, your emotions, and what you have learned to cope with in regards to avoidance. Those that suffer from the above don't want a wife. They want a caretaker and a mother! A woman wants a partner! not a project or one they have to rehabilitate! 

The many years I worked in a bar the one common factor... men and their need to be with other men suffering from the same lack of integrity. Each one saying "Their mother was a saint followed by my old man was never around." { and to set this record straight, I am not a drinker, and do not confuse what I have done to earn a living or who I am with what I have had to do to survive and raise my children. Besides... it has made great writing material and it has allowed me to sport my entrepreneur side and study on and off for now 30 years } There is a common denominator with addiction and alcoholism. It is a disease. It knows no boundary and it has ruined more marriages/relationships.

The intolerant behavior that comes from not regulating behavior and how it affects your significant other. Let's also not forget what it does to children and the anxiety it has created never knowing which shoe is to drop or what mood to feed the parent that is inebriated. I could go on but I will save that for another time!

Briefly, I want to mention these so-called clubs that are supposedly family-oriented. Where cheap drinks are served and where it harbors the a-like of a cult. Disguised as providing care for a community, no one mentions the gambling in the back room or the alter that is prepared to initiate new members or the rituals cited. There is a stigma associated with these types of operations and the end result is to recruit more into the cycle of obscure. Or those that belong will use the excuse offering a lame reason why they need to stop there to "do something for the club" #escape when in actuality the Stepford community beckons a perpetual circle of the same type. They are a breed of their own. It makes me think of Fred Flintstone and his water buffalo lodge.  Nonetheless, more of the same type of individuals congregate looking for (to belong) the same camaraderie. Everyone looks the same... disheveled,worn, tattered and drunk. If you know you know... they all look the same!

Home is where the heart is and where one can find comfort and value from a person who wants the same! Same goals, same outcomes, same values and the same morals!


Just a few random writes on this Sept 11 where people at another time in life did not come home to their families!


Kitryn Marie

#lifecoach #writer #wordsofwisdom













Popular posts from this blog

Parts Of The Missing Puzzle

The Other Side...Of What?