Understanding Your Personal Need: Write The Content

 I was recently informed, I write in retrospect. My ability to recall through story-telling and to enlighten a current reader comes with clarity and a capacity to walk people through situations; they might be able to understand, with the possibility that if they sit still with themselves long enough they might learn something about themselves! (Man, that was a long run-on sentence!)

I am in squirrel mode right now. {someday I will tell you about Rasputin the bob-tailed squirrel I feed} My thoughts are all over the board and my attention span is at zilch! My inconsistency with effort is about like the St. Louis MO unpredictable weather! You will have yet to learn what's coming next... I am today going to get my nails done. Does that have anything to do with anything? No, it does not but my nails will be pretty and that makes me feel better about something! 

This morning a random survey on LinkedIn chose me to write 3 answers to questions about writing.

*How does the current market affect your ability to create content.

*Do you find it a challenge when digital tools change?

*What do you do if your content doesn't get noticed?

Now I could be all professional here and give you some collegiate doctorate answer but that would be something I would have to look up. My two years of college didn't prepare me for learning on the fly and meshing with trends most still are trying to wrap their heads around... here are my creative but somewhat intelligent answers off the top of my head.

There is a market for everything! It does not matter what your level of skill is. Someone needs what you can contribute based on the knowledge, gifts, and talents that you already possess! a good company or organization has people willing to mold you into what they want to fill that need! All markets change at any given moment and there will always be a place for someone who has a basic skill, regardless! Keep creating the content at the level you are familiar with!

 Tools in any industry change. Things become obsolete, faster, more efficient, and easier to complete a task quicker. Learn, research...adapt, and overcome your personal rigidness for not wanting change! 20+ years ago not many understood the need for computers, the plethora of convenience at our fingertips, or how the indescribable knowledge would cultivate our future life! The bigger issue is the way any of us have been taught to learn. I can not learn anything from watching a YouTube video. I need a person in front of me to teach me step by step. (That is probably why I am so good at teaching my painting classes) How we adapt to what is best in our personal learning there should be options given for that in-person experience. (for free) if a society is asking us to utilize a new tool for a more proficient use... then teach us in a way we can learn about the new feature! For years now I have tried to learn how to video edit. I still do not know how and it is a feature I need to know! In the digital world.

As far as content goes, tell the story. Write the page, article, recipe etc... start the blog and share wherever you can! Happenstance does occur! Like pulling teeth get people to share your content! Also, understand your personal need for writing. What are you trying to convey and what end result are you looking for? And if you need to earn because of it seek opportunities that will allow you creative flow that best suits your writing style! It goes back to there is a need for every market!

When I started out, it was journaling some thoughts telling a fictional/not-so-fictional story about a horrible character who was a liar, cheater, and abusive man. His philandering ways used women because of his only-child status, and his abused mother who gave him everything. The love and respect she could not get from her husband contorted into a twisted financial relationship with her son. Therefore every woman he was with (revolving door status) was looking for the same adoration, attention, and handout providing welfare for him and his just like his mother gave him most of his life! His poor choices in the type of women he sought out in bars, dives, and clubs only added to his addictive personality. Recreating abusive patterns learned from his father; Narcissistic behavior creating trauma bonds with the women he love-bombed and then brutally discarded for a new supply. 

All the while I was studying psychology and life coaching, it gave me textbook examples of getting a clear picture of people and their behaviors. Fodder for writing. Art imitates life and life seen pretty clearly!

From there I wrote about my travels and photography and where I saw myself going for future earning endeavors. I learned about my own mental health due to illness and being abused and wrote about the clarity, wisdom, and freedom that came from getting in my car and exploring. Discovering new adventures and not being afraid of change and what was needed to get out of the dreaded South St. Louis mentality. People get themselves in cloistered situations and they never learn to evolve because they refuse to leave the likes of childhood familiarity and the close family dramas they all shared.

It was only much later while doing the restaurant floor dance, entertaining the hungry masses, and realizing how I was truly a good cook that I enjoyed the experience that food offered to those who didn't know what they wanted or liked to begin with! Talking was the easy part... I am Italian! The force-feeding was just an added perk to the gig! Learning to write stories about food, family, and tradition kinda just became a no-brainer.

I sit here this morning with squirrel brain. What is next? I need new furniture.. should I paint those cabinets? that ceiling is not going to fix itself... wait what time is my nail appointment? God I hope the mailman doesn't fall through my front porch or worse the pups fall through the back porch!

Nonetheless, we all do what we have to do to get by! Everything in this life is figure-outable! Everything... and I am willing to figure it all out as I need! My oldest always reminds me, "Mom it's what you've done all your life" You have become the master of "I'll figure it out"

Oooo gotta feed Rasputin!


 It's the ability to story-write! Tell the story!

Be Happy Be Blessed... Flip the coin!

Kitryn Marie

#forhire #writer #storytime #earnlikeyouknow #foodforthought 













Popular posts from this blog

The Other Side...Of What?

Parts Of The Missing Puzzle