Let's Be Clear

 Perception and perspective too many times, in all of our lives, can be clear as mud! It is the not-so-translucent image of life and the plan we have set before us; to get us to the "place" we are trying to achieve! Mucking through it all, sunk deep in thought and effort trying to make sense of it... "We see it in our head so why doesn't anyone else understand it".

Let's be clear! You see it and you are living it out in imagination but are you really making it clear to whomever is listening so they understand; what the big picture really is? If you are not clearly giving that plan by definition a step-by-step clear verbal intention, no one will be able to help you, nor will the universe align it for you; And from a recruiter's point of view, "How can I find you anything if you are not even sure what your own skills are or what you want to do to earn?" Deep in mud is not a great place to be when you are trying to see things clearly and live out a plan! Focus... hone in on... where's the map?

I may have mentioned I have thrown all of my credentials back on LinkedIn. I am not sure why I did this? Other than one more social media platform to put my creative endeavors in front of new people who are so much more educated in fields/industries that could help me if they could remove a few thought processes from out of corporate structure! Creative people do not have that formula!  While many of them are following marketing and advertising rules the way they are applying strategies to a newbie is as clear as mud. I am a firm believer these agencies have "other people in their team" who can help mold new hirees/influencers into what they need. I heard one talent recruiter say she watches endless hours of reels/TikTok scoping for that new face offering something new that can be a fresh face for a brand they are representing. Image and personality with 5000 followers basically... I get it but I do not! 

I use Rachel Ray as a prime example. Way back in the day, she did in-store demos for food products. She had a principle she was applying, her personality! She persuaded people through her cute Italian girl next door image that offering a taste from this product would boost her credibility and the store sales. (Seems simple enough right?) Her simple charm through the educated format she was presenting brought her the attention of the correct person. That person liked what she was selling! Her image and her love of food. It allowed her to write a cookbook and be seen in front of others who needed what she was teaching. Is that not what Influencers are? 

Many have taken the path behind their phone presenting a personality behind a product they believe or not so believe in to earn an income. It is always easier to sell and promote if you genuinely like and believe in the product and add you have a personality someone can connect with making it a simple sale! It's pretty clear!

I could use another example: Paula Deen who sold sandwiches and cookies with the help of her boys to get her product in front of people who needed what she was "cooking" up! We see how her success story was created. Someone was so impressed with her Southern hospitality that she was offered a TV spot to showcase to many who were welcomed into her kitchen via TV to be entertained and educated! She influenced! It was a clear insight...the vision was there!

Product advertising has changed tremendously but really has it? The only means that has changed is now "People" are readily seen through social media (it's basically free advertising). While print in magazines has taken a hit... text on images has replaced the information given and how to acquire it! Is it clearer yet?

I sat here this morning writing a review for a product. A product I have never heard of but through the trust of this company they have allowed me to work with them. As a descriptive writer, this is utilizing a skill I have. I would love to do more work like this!

As a person who loves to cook and has been familiar with the food and beverage industry for 30 years, I would very much enjoy being a brand rep/ambassador speaking on behalf of a product. Being a face people could learn to recognize and associate with a brand. My age SHOULD NOT PLAY A FACTOR! (that's discrimination) Experience with expertise and the ability to represent through a verbal and in-person presence; presenting information and having the floor to entertain while doing it... It is pretty clear to me! and seems like it would be a win-win for not only a follower but the store and the brand!

All the years, I have been an instructor teaching art and communications to creative-minded women who want to learn how to start side hustles; I would like to think it has given me the credentials to speak to the masses in larger fields branching out in another direction. Again it is utilizing what I have been trained to do! It seems all very clear to me and nothing is out of reach considering we live in this new era of on-screen time personalities.

My perspective and my perception of my abilities don't stop at this either because, in that bigger picture, it will allow me to have the horse facility I want to teach at. There I can build my studio representing a larger audience where I can present and be educational and informational on a variety of subjects. Am I being crystal clear?

As you think about where you are and where you want to go, get clear on the direction and the verbiage you need to speak so those that you are trying to work with understand what you are trying to achieve and how you plan to get there!

Be happy Be Blessed... Fate Turns on A Dime

Kitryn Marie














Popular posts from this blog

The Other Side...Of What?

Parts Of The Missing Puzzle