To Be The Influencer Or Not

 Yep, it's still cold, a whopping 13 degrees at the moment, here in St. Louis Mo! Thankful my boiler is still running at its optimal best! Thankful for the buffalo plaid jacket I'm wearing over my purple leopard pj's (Yeah still not a vision of glam in the morn'n)and absolutely hands down blessed for this rich cup of Papa Nicholas coffee that I am drinking in my "girl can't live without coffee and lipstick" mug from my creative KM Designs line! Life is good! Can you say that?

Although my online presence has taken a place on the back burner, I've just been very busy creating "all the things" behind the scenes. I am still WAITING for my new camera set up. Studio equipment that will just make going live and doing video a bit easier! I'm stockpiling mugs and mug rugs, just received my new shipment of aprons, and very pleased to say, I was asked to be in a private 10 vendor show outside of Jackson Mo! In the latter part of March! I am about to embark on a special order; I was asked to create Window curtains and matching placemats and continuously  I am still taking mental inventory on everything that needs to be done in this house. Keeping my eyes peeled for that special chandelier I want in my office! This just might be the year it HAPPENS!  All the things, ya know?

I took a field trip last week to my not so small Liquor store in the higher end of town. I thought I would search and seek the variety of bourbons there are available. Can we just say, OVERWHELMED?  I needed a tour guide. No, I have not taken up drinking Bourbon (yet) but I am studying how to cook with the double-oak barreled stuff! If I said to you Woodford Reserve, would you know what I would be talking about? This rich, chewy, citrus, caramel, chocolate, whiskey with a hint of spices! Would you know what to pair it with? Would you know how to cook with it? None the less would you know how it finishes? (let's just say creamy long and silky smooth with a warm satisfying tail! ;) )

This is the crazy thing about being an INFLUENCER. (BTW that is a fancy modern-day term for spokesperson) Being able to study, use and speak about what a product offers... Now go back to the top and see in the 1st paragraph, how many other items/products did I speak? I just elaborated more on the Bourbon brand... but if we wanted to talk coffee, you may not have enough hours in your day to hear me go on about the heaven that touches your lips, with a deep blend of delicately enhanced flavored beans that closely resembles the after finish from sex. Do I have your attention? Have I piqued your curiosity? Are your taste buds needing that type of exhilaration? You are welcome #papanicholas

I have been fortunate that I have been schooled a bit on what is needed to be a spokesperson for a variety of products over the last 10 years. Not all have been exciting but it has taught me what is needed to be in front and center gaining attention to get the product sold to the right target market!

A few years back when I was doing my photography, I was assigned a lighting job with a landscaping lighting company that only used a certain product. Where he bought his product from the supply house, they pushed a brand, he picked it... I shot the photographs and he got notoriety for using the brand and it boosted his sales! The results of his high-end work pushed him over a plateau. Not only was he getting paid for the jobs but getting kickbacks from the company and I banked doing the photos for his website and social media pages! It was a win-win because I showed him how to influence his high-end customers. Even as I was doing my photography I was still being an INFLUENCER from another aspect of being a spokesperson for that particular brand!

Let's give another example. You are a crafter. You only use "Brother" sewing/embroidery machines. You only buy your "fabrics" from "Joannes" and you purchase all of your "HTV vinyl" from "Amazon" buying from "Heflor". Reread that paragraph, How many brands/stores/supplies did I mention? Can imagine while you are going live and mentioning all of those brand's, stores, supplies, and hashtagging each time you mention in a social media post ... the attention you would gain from not only people who want to learn tips, tricks and hints but you just boosted your sales for the where all of the knowledge! On top of the fact you just got the attention from the entities that supply your demand. People buy from not only who they like, understand but who they can trust and see visually what you have to offer. (let me mention too, those store brands and suppliers check their hashtags notifications every day!)

We can take this one step further. You sell cosmetics! You are an attractive person scared to death to go live. Front to front camera exposure! You are afraid you will fall over your words. You are afraid you will not get the descriptions correct. Did you know that 80% of your sales can come from video showing products while reading "script" word for word description off of the company's website! Did you know you can photograph half of your face? Zooming in on what product will go where so you are only highlighting a feature of you, enticing awareness and curiosity to what you look like as a whole! You become an Influencer by the angles you are creating, offering a vision of the product to be used while speaking in your best voice name dropping and using follow up hashtags with the products name!

Deciding you want to be an INFLUENCER comes with trial and error practice. I always suggest. First, use the product yourself! You will have a better understanding of how any product works and what the true advantage and benefit is from using the product or frequenting a store! 2nd get comfortable speaking as if you are speaking to a friend. Have that conversation in the mirror with yourself. Watch your body language, watch how you smile when you mention a certain value... listen to yourself sell. Not all sales are hard. Tell a story about how you came about the product or store. Allow people to see a version of you they did not know. To be an INFLUENCER you have to have a level of VULNERABILITY! Showing people that you are real and can be trusted!

Also take lots of pics of the product! Have a photographer take a variety of pictures of you using the product as if you are demonstrating to a live audience. This is what builds confidence! Let that photographer teach you a few poses and tricks using your own camera or phone so when you level up with new products you know how to promote!

I have had a ball taking photographs and doing video using the products I love. I have also made some very good money speaking for many companies! Often though the money is not there upfront. There is an out of pocket expense but as you get into your stride and can be consistent in your work... with the correct hashtags, videos, and photographs where you are seen in the SCENE SHOT! The money shot! These companies will reach out to you! Allow social media to work for you! (even if right now they all kinda suck!) That's another post... but for now, let them work for you! 

Well, I'm gonna just sit here a minute longer and finish my great cup of coffee from Papa Nicholas! The Toasted Southern Pecan is just a perfect nutty blend with a satisfying after taste, all buttery flavored with a hint of roasted nuts on a cold winter day! A warm greeting from the first sip to the last drop!

If you would be interested in learning more on how you too can become an INFLUENCER and become better at your selling game; please reach out kitrynmarie@gmail.com to book your business coaching class. $90.00 for a fun full packed 2-3 hour class. Teaching you how to take all your gifts and talents and making a bit of money with the products you love and use!

If you are interested in any of my KM Designs In The "Kit"chen line... please head on over to Facebook, KM Designs a Writers Mind to see all that's available. Also, find me on Instagram under Kitryn Marie. Always you are welcome to come and seek me out on Pinterest/Kitryn Marie!

For Today, Stay Warm! Be Happy Be Blessed! Influence the Product!

Kitryn Marie

#INFLUENCER #BIZCOACH #ARTIST #DESIGNER #WOODFORDRESERVE #PAPANICHOLAS #BROTHER #JOANNES #HEFLOR #HTVVINYL #COFFEE #BOURBON #FORHIRE #PHOTOGRAPHER #KMDESIGNSANDPHOTOGRAPHY













Popular posts from this blog

The Other Side...Of What?

Parts Of The Missing Puzzle