Fall Y'all... The Roof, the Road & Everything In Between
It's Oct. 1. I always say the best things happen in October: the leaves are changing into a variety of warm colors, the air feels cooler, and, well, life just looks a bit different. At least, this is my view and my take on this season. To others, it is the beginning of spooky season. Frankly, I believe for decades now, we have partaken in spooky season whether we wanted to or not; plenty of masks seen and dropped! Boo!
Let us not forget, change is the only thing we can count on. Even if we are reluctant to acknowledge its differences and stances. I have remained with creative momentum, but it has been at a snail's pace. I keep reminding myself that the weather will be indifferent, and turning inward under a blanket will comfort what the mind cannot yet place... on canvas, fabric, or paper. (computer). To be this creative, warm, and inviting, embracing the arts when the weather has turned foul, will soothe what has not been revealed. Something about the temperature altering its digits; it plays with the mind, and the body needs to adjust.
In real time and while I am in weather transit mode, I'm working on my second book! Finally, a spark of ambiguity, indifference, and imagery. A trail of tales, highways, and scenic experiences to be shared with the masses in a compilation of mystery on pages to share with others. It is my first coffee table book. "Traveling Through Life~Where I Was. What I Saw. What Carried Me Home." It is a 6-year journey I shared with a person who chose not to continue the journey. Although he opted out, the stories did not, and the pictures speak with more volume than the words he never dared to find. This is the choice some make when the movements no longer align with a path a person never planned to veer off of. Nonetheless, a 180-page glossy periodical to be displayed on some lucky person's table. I am excited to say the least.
Other than the mundane, life as I (we) know, it keeps happening. I know the terms and conditions; what I need to pay attention to. The mishaps, the maintenance, and keeping up with an income that seems to be changing at that same snail's pace. Why do $$$$ and cents always ruin a less-than-good time? Now you have it. Now you see it. Now it's gone faster than the time it took to arrive. Here is where mindset comes in, and the real ingenuity begins. The hustle, the drive, and some odd form of determination that the wallet will not stay empty, but will have plenty of room for more when the season is actually cold and barren.
The dwelling is dwindling and fiddle-dee-dee; tomorrow is another day; the day has arrived. I now am having to become an expert on roofs. The wolf is at the door. Bricks, sticks, and straw, just repair and replace the roof is all I ask. Don't give me a song and dance, and please, by all means, keep your storm-chasing verbiage to some other character! I have consulted with an old friend and, with some trepidation, I am allowing him to handle the details on this matter. I do not have the brain capacity to outline what I am not schooled on. Those $$$$ need to be approved, and not by the hair of chinny chin chin; am I going to be taken advantage of!
The old friend you ask, or maybe you didn't. Let's just say a history of unrequited love and too many seasons of youth that truly were wasted. Years of pickles that went missing from jars in the refrigerator and my Gram knowing exactly who the culprit was! It's the type of friendship you hope you learned the lessons from in that season of life that now makes up really good childhood stories. From one story character into an adult form that happens to know the business. It is what we have learned from so many seasons that keep evolving from one form of action into another! The goal... a new roof! Not a new-old love! There are more chapters to write, but that book is finished. (So I believe)
Oct 1st! Much to do in this season of change... all the colors of beauty in a world that can sometimes look pretty ugly! Turn the page. Tell the story. Depict the image. Take in the road!
Kitryn Marie



